This website shows a simple way to ask all users to opt in to enabling analytics, using an approach that shows the message until you opt in. Notice that you only have one button to opt in to using analytics. Your other implicit choice is to not click the button, in which case you’ll continue to see the message until you opt in.
When you click “Yes”, we start recording analytics on subsequent page views.
You can clear your cookie and choose again by clicking the button below.
To create an example just like this on your own website using Adtoniq, follow these steps:
- First, ensure that you have installed Adtoniq. For more information on installing Adtoniq, see our online documentation.
- Ensure that you have properly configured Adtoniq for Google Analytics. Learn more about using Adtoniq for Google Analytics.
- In the Messaging section, enable the alert, and choose “All users”.
- In the Message Options section, make sure “Select message to edit” is set to “Greeting Message”.
- Enter text such as “We use analytics on our website to improve our services. Would you like to opt in to using analytics?”
- In the Message Options section, set “Select message to edit” to “Confirm Message”.
- Enter text such as “Thank you for supporting our site”.
- In the Button Options section, enter “Yes” for confirm button text, and leave the reject button text and custom button class fields empty.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- To create a button to allow the user to clear their Adtoniq choice cookie and choose again, embed the following shortcode somewhere on your page: [adtoniq_clear_choice style='button']Clear your Adtoniq choice and choose again[/adtoniq_clear_choice]